These falafels are full of healthy ingredients and are baked rather than fried, making them a much healthier option than a lot of recipes out there. They’re delicious, vegan, gluten free and easy to make. Not to mention they stay together.
45 mins Total
15 mins prep
30 mins cooking time
2 tins chickpeas, drained
1 red onion, roughly chopped
1 handful fresh parsley
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
½ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp buckwheat flour
½ tsp Himalayan salt
– Lightly grease a baking tray with olive oil
-Put all ingredients in the food processor and blend until you have a chunky mixture.
– Make patties from your mixture and add to the tray. You can make them any size you like but I tend to do a size similar to a small burger.
– Place your patties in the fridge for an hour or as long as you want. The patties will stay together better cold.
– Preheat your oven to 200 C (400F).
– Place your tray in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
– Flip your patties and heat for a further 15 minutes.
Serve with pittas, wraps, salad or cous cous. Great with lettuce, tomato and cucumber in a pitta. I love to add vegan yoghurt and hot sauce.