30 mins Total
5 mins prep
25 mins cook time
-Polenta, 2 cups rinsed
-1 carrot, chopped
-1 pak choi, chopped
-1 celery stalk, chopped
-1 courgette, sliced or chopped
-2 large handfuls of spinach
-1 small handful of rocket
-1 portion homemade tomato sauce*
-Zest of 1 lemon
-1 tsp dried oregano
-2 tbsp olive oil
- Pour your olive oil into a large frying pan and throw in your oregano, carrot, celery, pak choi base (the white bulb) and courgette. Fry over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- While your veggies are cooking, put your polenta in a large pan and cover with boiling water. Bring to a simmer and then turn the heat low and add the lid.
- After your veggies have been frying for about 10-15 minutes, throw in your lemon zest and fry for a further minute.
- Now add your tomato sauce to the veggies and turn up the heat if needed.
- Once your sauce is warmed, keep it to a simmer and throw in your spinach and pak choi top (green leaves).
- When your polenta is finished, serve on a plate with your veggies in tomato sauce on top and some rocket on the side.
*See my homemade tomato sauce recipe